PRAYER FOR THE MONTH OF APRIL
SOUGHTOUT EMEKA MATTHEW
TEXT: 2 Kings 25:1-7
Before I proceed with the introduction of this writeup, I will like to welcome you to the fourth month of the year. It is our month and your month of *OPEN HEAVEN*, See Ezekiel chapter 1:1 & 3.
I decree, heaven shall not close over your head, your life and career in Jesus name. Amen!
Now the introduction:
The greatest of the events that took place in the fourth month recorded in the Bible was the invasion of the Babylon into Judah and Jerusalem in the reign of the last king of Judah by name Mattaniah, whose name was changed by Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon to Zedekiah and was installed as king of Judah after his nephew King Jehoiakim was carried away captivity to Babylon.
This invasion came as a result of his evil practices in the sight of the Lord and also his rebelling against the king of Babylon.
Zedekiah took over leadership of Judah when he was 21 years old. The Bible recorded he was on the throne for nine years before rebelling against the king of Babylon.
In the tenth month of his ninth year of his reign, Nebuchadnezzar and his hosts surrounded Judah and Jerusalem and built forts round about it until the eleventh year of king Zedekiah’s reign. This action made Judah and Jerusalem to be under siege, see vs. 1-2.
WHAT IT MEANS TO BESIEGE
Besiege is a military strategy in making war again a city, a house, a country etc.
Tsûr or Tsoor is the Hebrew word for Besiege which is a primitive root word for to cramp, that is, confine. In many applications, literally and figuratively, it is being formative or hostile. It is to be an adversary, to assault, beset, besiege, bind or bind up, cast, distress, fashion, fortify, enclose or inclose, lay siege, put up in bags.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN A CITY IS BESIEGED
To men tion but a few, when a community, a city, a country, a family or an individual is under siege:
1. FAMINE STEPS IN AND PREVAIL:
Whenever there is famine, the people are thrown into lack and stinginess.
Deu 28:55 says, So that he will not give to any of them of the flesh of his children whom he shall eat: because he hath nothing left him in the siege, and in the straitness, wherewith thine enemies shall distress thee in all thy gates.
There will be no food to eat, no money to spend, no good health, no strength, no life; because people dies, no help, no supplies, no rest of mind, etc. People are cut off of all of these.
All of these hit Judah and Jerusalem and was severe in the fourth month of the eleventh year of Zedekiah’s reign.
2 Kings 25: 2-3 says, And the city was besieged unto the eleventh year of king Zedekiah. 3 And on the ninth day of the fourth month the famine prevailed in the city, and there was no bread for the people of the land.
2. BREAK UPS OR DISINTEGRATION:
In such a situation, break ups are rampant. This is because; nobody wants to keep on suffering.
This one of the reasons we have family disintegration, political party disintegration, community disintegration, city disintegration, country disintegration, leadership disintegration etc.
No one wants to stay with a leader, a family an organization, etc where lack is prevalent. A leader won’t know when his loyalists and subordinates leaves him in such a condition.
2 kings 25:4 says, And the city was broken up, and all the men of war fled by night by the way of the gate between two walls, which is by the king’s garden: (now the Chaldees were against the city round about:) and the king went the way toward the plain.
The easiest way to cause a leadership, business, an organization or a family to collapse is to scatter her army from her.
The enemy knows too well that a hungry army cannot stand for a fight for too long. He knows a hungry army cannot be organized when they are hungry and deficient. He knows too well that an army without strength will lack the stamina to fight or withstand an attack. He know that a hungry army are not coordinated. Their mind will not concentrate on the fight because; their empty belly won’t let them do that.
So, leadership can easily collapse when your army are scattered.
2 Kings 25:5 says, And the army of the Chaldees pursued after the king, and overtook him in the plains of Jericho: and all his army were scattered from him. 6 So they took the king, and brought him up to the king of Babylon to Riblah….
TWO THINGS AN ARMY STANDS FOR
a. DEFENSE, & b. ATTACK.
A football team are made up of defence and attack. When your teams defence and attack are put in disarray, the team is set in for defeat. When a team’s defence and attack collapses, defeat must set in. This is exactly what happens when organization’s, leadership team’s, family’s defence and attack are scattered. The point person have no option than to be a failure or give it up.
What happens when one’s immune system collapses? He or she easily becomes a prey to any manner of disease.
God built our bodies with immune system called body defence. These cells defends our bodies from contracting diseases flying around. Peradventure it comes into our body, our defense system will fight it and make sure it gets out of our bodies.
To help fortify our body defense system, we should not be vitamins and minerals deficient. So, food, I mean good food is necessary. But when we lack food to eat, our immune system goes down and become too weak to fight to defend the body from antibodies.
The mission of the antibodies is to destroy our defense system and then makes our body a prey to sicknesses and diseases. That’s why people dies of sicknesses and diseases!
Death and disabilities are judgments of sicknesses and diseases attacking our bodies. Many today has died and others lost eyes, legs, hands, and other parts of the body because of sicknesses and diseases. Some are under lifetime medical support which is a form of bondage or captivity to sicknesses and diseases till they die.
Jeremiah 52:10-11 says, 10 And the king of Babylon slew the sons of Zedekiah before his eyes: he slew also all the princes of Judah in Riblah. 11 Then he put out the eyes of Zedekiah; and the king of Babylon bound him in chains, and carried him to Babylon, and put him in prison till the day of his death.
20 POWERFUL PRAYER POINTS FOR THE MONTH OF APRIL
1. O Lord, I thank you for keeping me and my family alive to witness the fourth month of this year in Jesus name.
2. O Lord, I thank you for your mercies that saw me and my household members through to see this month of April in Jesus name.
3. O Lord I thank you for all the good things you provided for me last month and the ones you’ll provide for me this month in Jesus name.
4. O Lord, thank you for shielding me and my household members from all forms of evil all through last month till now in Jesus name.
5. O God of all mercies, have mercy upon me, forgive my wins and answer my prayers in Jesus name.
6. O Lord, break every siege the wants to build around me, my family, my business, my finances, my marriage, my work place, my career, my relationships, etc in Jesus name.
7. All through this fourth month and beyond, I forbid famine in my life..I forbid financial famine, health famine, relationship famine, support famine, strength famine, famine of food to eat or drink, famine of clothing….(mention them), such famine I forbid in Jesus name.
8. All though this fourth month and beyond, I decree and declare, every arrangement from the pit of hell to cause break ups in my life, family, relationships, business, organization, ministry, marriage, workplace, etc. I terminate it in Jesus name.
9. In this fourth month of the year, I decree and declare, whatever war the enemy may wage against me, against my family, finances, investments, business, ministry, organization, career, relationships, etc. I shall emerge a victor. I shall not be defeated. My family shall not be defeated…my investments shall not be defeated….(Keep mentioning it) in Jesus name.
10. Attackers of my foundations, attackers of my defence, attackers of the army of my life, my family, my finances, my relationships, my ministry, my business, my career, my investments, (Mention it), I decree and declare, fail in your attacks in Jesus name.
11. I fortify my defense with the power of the Holy Ghost and the blood of Jesus and i decree and declare that I, my business, my investments, my family, my ministry, my organization, my workplace, (mention them) shall be indomitable and formidable in Jesus name.
12. I draw strength from the Holy Ghost, fortify my attack, I attack my attackers and bring them to defeat in Jesus name.
13. Any arrangement from the pit of hell to make me, my family, my investments, my relationships, my ministry, my life, my destiny, etc (Mention it) a prey to my foes, scatter in Jesus name.
14. O Lord, let every judgment of the enemy against me, my family, my business, my organization, my ministry, my destiny, etc (mention it) backfire in Jesus name.
15. All through this month and beyond, I shall not loose my eyes (vision), I shall not loose the vision of my life, the vision of my ministry, the vision of my business, the vision of my family, the vision of my relationships, the vision of my organization, my physical vision, etc. In Jesus name.
16. Every chain assigned from the pit of hell to be used to bind me, bind my hands, bind my legs, bind my destiny, bind my ministry, bind my relationships, bind my career, bind my life, bind my ministry, bind my health, bind my investments at one spot and from making advancements, melt by fire in Jesus name.
17. Any prison built by the enemy to lock up my life, my destiny, my ministry, my freedom, my marriage, my relationships, my further, my businesses, my investments, my organization, my progress, my supplies, my health, my helpers, my provisions, my defence, (keep mentioning more of it), be demolished in Jesus name.
18. SCRIPTURES: Eze 1:1 Now it came to pass in the thirtieth year, in the fourth month, in the fifth day of the month, as I was among the captives by the river of Chebar, that the heavens were opened, and I saw visions of God.
PRAYER: In this fourth month, I decree and declare over my life, over my finances, over my businesses, over my ministry, over my relationships, over my helpers, (Mention more), there shall be open heaven in Jesus name.
19. SCRIPTURES: Ezekiel 1:1,3 says, Now it came to pass in the thirtieth year, in the fourth month, in the fifth day of the month, as I was among the captives by the river of Chebar, that the heavens were opened, and I saw visions of God. 3 The word of the LORD came expressly unto Ezekiel the priest, the son of Buzi, in the land of the Chaldeans by the river Chebar; and the hand of the LORD was there upon him.
PRAYER: In this fourth month, I decree and declare over my life, over my finances, over my businesses, over my ministry, over my relationships, over my helpers, (Mention more), I shall see visions of God and I shall hear the word of the Lord that will change my life and situations and the hand of the Lord shall rest upon me and my household and all that pertains to me in Jesus name.
20. SCRIPTURES: Zechariah 8:19 says, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; The fast of the fourth month, and the fast of the fifth, and the fast of the seventh, and the fast of the tenth, shall be to the house of Judah joy and gladness, and cheerful feasts; therefore love the truth and peace.
PRAYER: As I wait upon the Lord in fasting this month, it shall be to me, my organization, and my household joy and gladness, and cheerful feasts in Jesus name.
N.B: Set a time and some days to fast this month.
All right reserve. Copyright© 2017 SOUGHTOUT E. MATTHEW, www.reachout.com.ng